Make sure you keep safe online, whether on social media or even emails, with these handy tips:
Tickets and Fraud:
- Scam emails - would they really ask for that information? To find out more about phishing and identity theft see The Mix
- Also be cautious when buying tickets for events online. Make sure they are legitimate events from a trusted provider.
- Make use of privacy settings on social media. This way you know what you're sharing and with who.
- A picture lasts forever, think before you share. Once you do you lose control and you picture may be shared more than you first intended.
- If you are attacked online, don’t be ashamed, report it! Depending on the level, the University and Police may be able to support you.