As your Students' Union, we endeavour to provide you with a diversity of opportunities for you to enhance your learning and development and to help you prepare for and accelerate in your chosen field.
We are working closely with the University of Plymouth Careers Service to ensure all students are aware of the opportunties, resources, and support available to you when searching for paid work alongside your studies, workplace opportunties, or skills development workshops and events.
Skills development workshops with myCareer:
From job searching techniques to preparing for interviews, Careers Service offers a variety of skills development workshops to support you with your career whilst at university and after you graduate. You can now find all of Careers events listed on our website here.
As an example of the types of workshops you can expect to find on the myCareer website, we have listed all of this month's Accelerate Skills & Development Workshops below. Please click on the event listing to find more information on the time, location, and whether the event is remote or in-person.
Monday 23rd October:
Tuesday 24th October:
Wednesday 25th October:
Thursday 26th October:
Friday 27th October
Tuesday 31st October
This week's (23/10/23 - 30/10/23) top 10 part-time jobs:
- Front of house – Zizi
- Online tutor – Cambridge Online Tutors
- Seasonal sales assistant – Pandora Jewellery
- Customer assistant – Vue Cinema
- Voice recording research – Stealth Transitions Ltd
- Customer assistant – Marks and Spencer
- Marketing executive – DCUK
- Bubble barista – Bubble Citea
- Hotel team member – Travelodge
- Barista – Koala Karlous
Browse a full list of part-time vacancies in and around Plymouth here.
This week's (23/10/23 - 30/10/23) top 10 placement opportunities?:
- Public relations and communications – The Walt Disney Company
- Retail management – Aldi
- Research and development – PepsiCo
- Image processing engineer – MBDA
- Software engineering – Cambridge Consultants Ltd
- Data and analytics – Lloyds Banking Group
- Animal behaviour and welfare – Bristol Zoological Society
- Cyber security – Gymshark
- Business and enterprise – Rolls-Royce
- Event management – Johnson & Johnson
You can find out more about securing placements, internships and work experience here.
This week's (23/10/23 - 30/10/23) top graduate opportunities?:
- Quality scientist – Environment Agency
- Maritime engineer – Frazer-Nash Consultancy
- Solicitor apprenticeship – Simmons and Simmons
- Trainee buyer – Next
- Area manager – Aldi
- Quantity surveyor – Welsh Water
- Supply Chain and Procurement Graduate Leadership Programme – Diageo
- Hospitality And Events Manager – Compass Group
Explore more graduate jobs and scheme here.
How else can the University of Plymouth Career Service support you?
The Career Service can offer a range of support and services, including but not limited to:
Keep in touch with your Careers Service:
Visit the University of Plymouth Career service here to learn more about the support you can access or login to your myCareer account to search events, vacancies, and resources available 24/7.
Phone: +44 1752 587456
Availability: Monday to Thursday from 8:30–17:00 Friday 09:30–16:30
You may also find the following SU links and articles helpful when looking to support your development and career prospects:
- SU Jobs
- U:view (find and post surveys and participation request for research studies)
- Networks (Networks are an exciting way for students to build communities and create change through collective action)
- Volunteering while at University (how volunteering can help support your employability)