Watch the session below
Read the full transcript here
Tonight your candidates for the role of SU President took to the virtual stage in the second of our series of Candidate Question Time sessions.
Your candidates for President are:
You submitted questions in advance for the candidates to answer. Due to time constraints we could only pose the top questions submitted (based on those voted for by you, University of Plymouth students).
- Should you be elected what would your first priority be?
- What do you think is the most important aspect of this role and how are you prepared for it?
- What is your definition of leadership?
- How will you ensure that the university improves on sustainability? What changes would you like to see and why?
- If you could change one thing about the way the Students’ Union is run, within the boundaries of what is possible as a charity, what would it be?
- Why should you be elected and what makes you stand out from the other candidates?
The following questions were submitted by attendees and answered by candidates at the event, again due to time constraints not all questions that were submitted could be answered but we would encourage you to contact the candidates directly:
- How achievable are your goals?
- What are your opinions on the debate surrounding tuition fees during the pandemic and how lower fees could affect our student services negatively?
- Accommodation is a hot topic at the moment due to the nature of the on-going pandemic. If candidates were able to engage with local student agencies - how would they approach this whilst recognising that UPSUs remit with external agencies is limited?
You can view a full list of all questions submitted here.
Please contact the candidates directly with your questions you can find a list of their contact details on their candidate pages here.
Come along to our next sessions to hear your candidates speak and pose your questions live:
Watch previous sessions: