Candidate Question Time: VP Wellbeing & Diversity
Hosted by - UPSU
This year we’re hosting a series of Candidate Question Time events to help you get to know the candidates campaigning for your votes in the Student Elections 2021.
In the fourth and final session of the week we’ll be meeting the candidates who have nominated themselves for the position of VP Wellbeing & Diversity and asking them the questions that you want the answers to.
The role of the VP Wellbeing & Diversity is to:
- Lead on campaigns and projects to improve the experience of UoP students in all matters relating to health, wellbeing, equality and diversity
- Work to improve the support available for students whilst at the UoP
- Represent students on issues affecting liberation groups and lead on campaigns and projects to improve their student experiences
- Work alongside UPSU departments to publicise wellbeing related services and signpost students to support and representation as required
- Be a Trustee of the UPSU and sit on relevant Sub-Committees, ensuring that the UPSU fulfils the needs of students whilst functioning efficiently as a Charity
Please note: when logging in to vote via the UPSU website you do not have to vote for all positions at once. If you’re planning on tuning in to the later sessions in the week we’d recommend voting for one position at a time as once you have submitted your vote for a certain role you will not be able to change it.
Candidates will be announced at 6pm on Wednesday 24th February. Voting opens on Friday 26th February at midday.
Submit your questions:
- All you need to do is enter your question on to our board, the five questions with the most upvotes will be posed to your candidates in our Candidate Question Time.
- Each question must be open to all candidates and focused on the roles as opposed to the individuals running for those roles.
- A link to the question submission board will be available once the candidates have been announced on Wednesday 24th February, 6pm.
Settle in with a takeaway to watch the Results Night live
- By submitting a question for any of the roles up for election you could win one of 10 x £20 Just Eat vouchers.
- Winners will be selected at random on Thursday 4th March and the 10 lucky winners will receive a digital gift card worth £20 to spend at Just Eat, Uber Eats or Deliveroo delivered to their student email address.