Candidate Question Time: VP Activities
Hosted by - UPSU
This year we’re hosting a series of Candidate Question Time events to help you get to know the candidates campaigning for your votes in the Student Elections 2021.
In the first session of the week we’ll be meeting the candidates running for the role of VP Activities and asking them the questions that you want the answers to.
The role of the VP Activities is to:
- Represent UoP students and work to improve areas relating to student Societies, Sports Clubs, Volunteering, Social Sport Initiatives, and Fundraising
- Chair both the Sports Club and the Societies Forum, collating items for discussion and formulating the agenda
- Encourage students to engage with UPSU student groups and initiatives by promoting them within UPSU, the University and locally
- Support the development of community partnerships and championing what our students do
- Develop the strategic direction of the UPSU by sitting on the Board of Trustees and relevant Sub-Committees
Please note: when logging in to vote via the UPSU website you do not have to vote for all positions at once. If you’re planning on tuning in to the later sessions in the week we’d recommend voting for one position at a time as once you have submitted your vote for a certain role you will not be able to change it.
Candidates will be announced at 6pm on Wednesday 24th February. Voting opens on Friday 26th February at midday.
Submit your questions:
- All you need to do is enter your question on to our board, the five questions with the most upvotes will be posed to your candidates in our Candidate Question Time
- Each question must be open to all candidates and focused on the roles as opposed to the individuals running for those roles
- A link to the question submission board will be available once the candidates have been announced on Wednesday 24th February, 6pm
Settle in with a takeaway on us to watch the Results Night live
- By submitting a question for any of the roles up for election you could win one of 10 x £20 Just Eat vouchers.
- Winners will be selected at random on Thursday 4th March and the 10 lucky winners will receive a digital gift card worth £20 to spend at Just Eat, Uber Eats or Deliveroo delivered to their student email address.