view all events
Candidate Question Time: VP Education
Wed 03 March 2021 18:00-19:00
Wednesday 03 March 2021
6pm - 7pm
Meet the candidates running to be your VP Education in the Student Elections 2021 and get answers to your questions
This year we’re hosting a series of Candidate Question Time events to help you get to know the candidates campaigning for your votes in the Student Elections 2021.
In the third session of the week we’ll be meeting your VP Education candidates and asking them the questions that you want the answers to.
The role of the VP Education is to:
- Represent UoP students and lead on campaigns to improve their academic experiences
- Lead communication with the UoP Faculties, developing relationships and representing students
- Lead on the development and support of the academic representation system
- Engage and support academic representatives (such as Course and School Reps) in campaigns to improve the student experience
- Sit on the UPSU Board of Trustees and ensure that UPSU fulfils the needs of students whilst functioning efficiently as a Charity
Please note: when logging in to vote via the UPSU website you do not have to vote for all positions at once. If you’re planning on tuning in to the later sessions in the week we’d recommend voting for one position at a time as once you have submitted your vote for a certain role you will not be able to change it.
Candidates will be announced at 6pm on Wednesday 24th February. Voting opens on Friday 26th February at midday.
Submit your questions:
- All you need to do is enter your question on to our board, the five questions with the most upvotes will be posed to your candidates in our Candidate Question Time.
- Each question must be open to all candidates and focused on the roles as opposed to the individuals running for those roles.
- A link to the question submission board will be available once the candidates have been announced on Wednesday 24th February, 6pm.
Settle in with a takeaway to watch the Results Night live
- By submitting a question for any of the roles up for election you could win one of 10 x £20 Just Eat vouchers.
- Winners will be selected at random on Thursday 4th March and the 10 lucky winners will receive a digital gift card worth £20 to spend at Just Eat, Uber Eats or Deliveroo delivered to their student email address.
- Highlighted Events (not in use)
Event photography and video
Please be aware that some of the University of Plymouth Students’ Union events may be attended by UPSU approved photographers and videographers, for capturing content to be used in UPSU and University online and offline marketing and promotional materials,
for example webpages, social media or flyers. If for whatever reason, you or a member of your group, do not wish to be photographed, please make yourself known to staff working at the event on arrival or to the photographer.