As your Students' Union, we endeavour to provide you with a diversity of opportunities for you to enhance your learning and development and to help you prepare for and accelerate in your chosen field.
We are working closely with the University of Plymouth Careers Service to ensure all students are aware of the opportunties, resources, and support available to you when searching for paid work alongside your studies, workplace opportunties, or skills development workshops and events.
Skills development workshops with myCareer:
From job searching techniques to preparing for interviews, Careers Service offers a variety of skills development workshops to support you with your career whilst at university and after you graduate. You can now find all of Careers events listed on our website here.
This week's top 10 part-time jobs:
- Housekeeper/cleaner – Wellbeck Manor and Golf
- Food production operative – Friary Mill Bakery
- Car parking attendant – Chaplins
- Karting marshal – Plymouth Karting
- Pet sales advisor – The Ark Pet Centre
- Casual food and beverage assistant – Copthorne Hotel Plymouth
- Experienced bar staff – Salumi Bar and Eatery
- Casual leisure assistant – China Fleet Country Club
- Retail assistant – Iceland
- Customer service assistant – Tenpin
Browse a full list of part-time vacancies in and around Plymouth here.
This week's top 10 placement opportunities:
- Educational ranger – Stubbington Study Centre
- Sales and supply – Honda
- Honorary assistant psychologist – Livewell Southwest
- Accounting and business – RSM
- Events management – Experian
- Rolls-Royce production planning – BMW Group
- Geographic information science and the natural capital advisory – The Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust
- Learning support worker – Jigsaw Trust
- Submarines systems engineer – BAE Systems
- Marketing and communications – Lockhead Martin UK
You can find out more about securing placements, internships and work experience here.
This week's top graduate opportunities:
- Financial planning trainee – UHY Hacker Young
- Software tester – TPP
- Economic analyst – Frontier Economics
- Dentist – The Army
- Java developer – Sparta Global
- Junior IT engineer – Johnson & Johnson
- Travel consultant – Trailfinders Ltd
- Technical and R&D – Kingspan Insulation UK
- HR graduate – Pladis Global
- Graduate editors – CGP Books
Explore more graduate jobs and scheme here.
How else can the University of Plymouth Career Service support you?
The Career Service can offer a range of support and services, including but not limited to:
Keep in touch with your Careers Service:
Visit the University of Plymouth Career service here to learn more about the support you can access or login to your myCareer account to search events, vacancies, and resources available 24/7.
Phone: +44 1752 587456
Availability: Monday to Thursday from 8:30–17:00 Friday 09:30–16:30
You may also find the following SU links and articles helpful when looking to support your development and career prospects:
- SU Jobs
- U:view (find and post surveys and participation request for research studies)
- Networks (Networks are an exciting way for students to build communities and create change through collective action)
- Volunteering while at University (how volunteering can help support your employability)