The aims of Plymouth University Islamic Society are:
The Islamic society is a non-partisan society that aims to reach out and provide a support network for Muslim students on campus, as well as Non-Muslims, where they can experience the fruits of the Islamic community, grow spiritually, and get involved in many beneficial projects such as charity fundraise and community volunteering. And of course, to enjoy yourself and have fun!
These aims are to be achieved thereby the following objectives:
- Charity Week 22nd-28th of October 2018 : The aim of this week is to raise as much money as we can for charity, particularly raising money for orphans in need. This week is filled with events such as bake sales, henna stands, quiz nights etc. £2000 was raised in 2015, £7,006 in 2016 and £12000 in 2017. Insha'Allah in 2018 we'll raise the bar even higher with your help..........bring on the ajr :D
- Believe and Do Good: A week filled with smiles, goodness and selfless actions. Plymouth ISOC volunteers go around Plymouth on this week and try to put a smile of people's faces, non muslims and muslims alike. Last year we handed out free tea and coffee with roses which were designed with a Hadith label, and we cleaned up the community whilst also doing a treasure hunt at the same time.
- Islamic Awareness Week: A week created to spread Islamic awareness amongst the public. Whilst handing out free Qur'ans and leaflets, this entire week involves an Islamic exhibition, educating the public about Islam, and also Islamic lectures.
- Ramadan Tent Project: A day that is planned to bring the local community together. Setting up a huge tent outside and gaining donations from local restuarents and takeaways, Islamic Society feeds the public and the homeless during Iftar time.
Other events such as Weekly reminders, Quran buddy, lectures and regular social events are also planned. Look forward to the best year of Plymouth Isoc history insha'Allah.
- Join us >>>
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ISOCPlymouth/?
- The ISOC Committee 2018/2019:
Abdelrahman Elbeltagi (President)
Asala Safwat (Vice-Sister)
Ahmed Ahmed (Vice-Brother)
Safa Samih (Events Officer)
Hussain Muhamed (Education & Events Officer)
Waseem Bani (Treasurer)
Saad Bhati (General Secretary)
Wasif Mohammed Hussain (Social Media Manager)
Aveen Mahmood (Health & Safety Officer)
Thahmina Alom (Education & Wellbeing Officer)