We are proud to provide an excellent gym facility situated conveniently in the heart of campus and open to all University of Plymouth students to use!
This year, the SU Gym had a big refurbishment with new gym equipment installed, including weights and cardio machines, providing students with the latest gym apparatus to achieve their fitness goals.
With a 50+ station gym, squash courts, multi-purpose sports hall, dance studio, and the sports injuries clinic, the team offer a host of facilities open to students, staff, and the wider public.
The SU Gym is open 7 days a week and allows unlimited access to the gym and exercise classes, making it the perfect choice for your busy student schedule. But, if you need some more reasons to join, read on for our top 10 reasons to join the SU Gym now!
Top ten reasons to join the SU Gym:
- Its located right in the heart of campus - easy to fit in between lectures!
- Your membership fee not only covers the running costs of the gym but as part of the SU it is also reinvested into improving the student experience.
- 50+ station gym, including a weights stations, treadmills, exercise bikes and so much more!
- Choice of how you work out with access to both the gym and classes.
- Our current sale gives you 12 months access to the SU Gym and all classes for the equivalent of roughly £8 per month (£99 for a 12 month membership) – ideal for a student budget. If you’re leaving Plymouth over summer and are worried about paying for your membership outside of term time then check out our next point.
- We are a part of the BUCS UNIversal Gym membership which allows you to use other gyms around the UK who are also a part of this.
- Friendly and knowledgeable members of staff who can help you to make the most of your membership with advice, guidance and support.
- Free induction - offered to all new members but particularly useful if you're not familiar with a gym environment.
- We can help you to reach your fitness goals with personal programmes, training sessions and nutrition support
- You can bring a friend for free to any of our open sessions which we're trying for the first time in 2023. If you need that extra bit of moral support but you don't know anyone else who's a member - bring a friend along to an open session and who knows you may find yourself a brand new gym buddy.
Our first free gym open session is on Sunday 17th September. Find out more here: www.upsu.com/ents/event/17333/
Current SU Gym opening times:
Mon-Fri - 07:30 - 22:00
Sat-Sun - 09:00 - 18:00
Freshers' Deal at the SU Gym:
Don’t miss out on this exclusive offer of £99 for 12 months membership at the SU Gym, available only at upsu.com/gym
- Open to all current and incoming University of Plymouth students
- Includes unlimited gym access, exercise classes, induction & expert support
- Offer available from now until 30th September 2023
- Sign up now at upsu.com/gym
Are you staying in student halls this year? You may be able to get an exclusive offer of £85 for 12 months! Check with your accommodation provider or the SU Gym to see if you qualify for this discount!
Get in touch with the SU Gym:
Phone: 01752 588510
Follow the SU Gym on Facebook: www.facebook.com/UPSUgym