Welcome to the University of Plymouth Tennis Club (UPTC)
The University of Plymouth Tennis Club is one that is open to players of all abilities, whether you are a first time player with no previous experience or a player with plenty of match experience, we as a club will welcome you with open arms. UPTC may not be the biggest club on campus, but we offer a tremendous amount of opportunities for all our members, be sure to join one of the most exciting, family-like clubs on campus!!!
Our typical UPTC schedule is as follows:
- Monday: 1st Team Training/Coaching
- Tuesday: 2nd Team Training
- Wednesday: Social Play (12:00-16:00)
- Wednesday: Themed Social (Evening)
- Saturday: 1st Team Training
- Sunday: Social Play (10:00-16:00)
Social play is open to all members of any ability, doesn't matter if you've never picked up a racket or been playing for years. There will always be someone at social play that can help you improve and develop your game. Even if you don't own a racket someone will always be on hand to lend you one. Come rain or shine social play will be on and players will be on the court. These sessions are a perfect opportunity for new members to socialise and get to know other members within the club.
If they wish to, members of social play also have opportunities to compete against one another in organised friendly matches as well as friendly matches against neighbouring universities such as Exeter, Bristol, Falmouth etc which helps in developing skills and leads to a nice social day ending with lots of pizza!
UPTC has both a men's and a ladies first team that compete in BUCS (BUCS is the league where universities play other universities.) Both the 1st teams train together on Mondays and Saturdays, with the Monday session being run by our coach. The 2nd team is a mixed team that has the opportunity to compete to local leagues. We also have our annual Varsity match played against Plymouth Marjon University providing another opportunity to compete.
Our socials include a variety of themes where we all dress up in costumes and wacky outfits (as per preference of course) and bar hop our way on a fun night out! it's a great way to loosen up and socialise as a group together!
Wednesday nights aren't our only socials, we do a variety of non-night out related socials such as bowling nights, curry nights, match days, beach days and much more!
We have other special events organised where yet again every club member is more than welcome to participate:
- Volunteering tennis sessions
- 24 hr Charity rally
- Our Christmas dinner and annual UPTC awards
- Finals day (Summer BBQ with friendly matches played amongst members)
The membership fee is £30 which includes 2 social play days, coaching and venue hire for those who make the team and of course not forgetting the FREE UPTC t-shirt as well.
If you have any queries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our committee or email us at email@example.com
- Chair: Callum Scott
- Vice-Chair: Holly Storey
- Treasurer: Michael Holding
- Equipment and Safety Sec: Janki Shah
- 1st Team Captain (M): Jamie Moncrieff
- 1st Team Captain (F): Suraiya van den Bos
- 2nd Team Captain: Max Hamill
- Social Sec: Sam Kangutkar
- Social Sec: Chris Welland
- Tournament Sec: Lauren Buckler
- Events and Fundraising Sec: Liz Lazarou
- LTA Tennis Ambassadors: Ed Benjafield & Ollie Street
Follow us on:
University of Plymouth Tennis Club 2020/21 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/uptc20.21/
Browse All Clubs