Let the club know you're interested but not yet ready for a membership.
Welcome to the University of Plymouth Tennis Club (UPTC)
The University of Plymouth Tennis Club welcomes players of all abilities, whether you are a first time player with no previous experience or a player with plenty of match experience! UPTC offers a tremendous amount of opportunities for all our members, so be sure to join one of the most exciting, family-like clubs on campus!
Our typical UPTC schedule is as follows:
- Monday: 1st Team Training
- Tuesday: 2nd Team Training
- Wednesday: Social Play (12:00-16:00)
- Wednesday: Themed Social (Evening)
- Saturday: 1st Team Training
- Sunday: Social Play (12:00-16:00)
Social play is open to all members of any ability, doesn't matter if you've never picked up a racket or been playing for years. There will always be someone at social play that can help you improve and develop your game. If you don't own a racket someone will always be on hand to lend you one. These sessions are a perfect opportunity for new members to socialise and get to know other members within the club!
If you wish to, members of social play also have opportunities to compete against one another in organised friendly matches as well as friendly matches against neighbouring universities such as Exeter, Bristol, Falmouth and more, which can help you develop your skills and leads to a nice, social day!
UPTC has both mens and ladies first teams that compete in BUCS (British Universities & Colleges Sport). Both the 1st teams train together on Mondays and Saturdays, with the Monday session being run by our coach. The 2nd team is a mixed team that has the opportunity to compete to local leagues. We also have our annual Varsity match played against Plymouth Marjon University providing another opportunity to compete.
Every Wednesday night we have a themed social, where we dress up in wacky and fun outfits and bar hop our way around town! Its a great way to meet new people and socialise as a group!
We also host a variety of non-night out related social events throughout the year such as bowling nights, curry nights, match days, quiz nights and much more!
We also run other special events throughout the year where every club member is more than welcome to participate:
- Volunteering tennis sessions
- Touch tennis sessions
- 24hr Charity rally
- Our Christmas dinner and annual UPTC awards
- Finals day (Summer BBQ with friendly matches played amongst members)
The membership fee is £30 which includes 2 social play days, coaching and venue hire for those who make the team and a FREE UPTC t-shirt as well, along with priceless experiences!
If you have any queries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our committee on our Facebook or Instagram pages, or email us at email@example.com
- Chair: Holly Storey
- Vice-Chair: Harriet Mundon
- Treasurer: Lucy Faulkner-Elliott
- Equipment and Safety Sec: Liz Lazarou
- 1st Team Captain (M): Jamie Moncrieff
- 1st Team Captain (F): Libby Dickenson
- 2nd Team Captain: Chris Gleed
- Social Sec: Miles Bromilow
- Events and Fundraising Sec: Jack Rowsell
- Tournament Sec/LTA Ambassador: Thalia Stinton
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Sec: Lauren Buckler
Follow us on:
Facebook: University of Plymouth Tennis Club 2021/22 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/553596209170556/
Browse All Clubs