Be active, Reduce stress - What is B.A.R.S.?
Be Active, Reduce Stress (B.A.R.S.) is the new University of Plymouth Student’s Union wellbeing project.
It has been proven that an active lifestyle can have a positive effect on our mental health; working in partnership with the University Wellbeing Services the B.A.R.S. project supports students with low level mental health issues by offering the opportunity to access 8 weeks of free activity sessions such as Yoga, Zumba, Aiki-Taiso, Swimming and Powerbounce, provided by Motivate, Generate, Activate (MGA). B.A.R.S. aim is to build and maintain a healthy and active lifestyle in order to be happier throughout their University journey and beyond.
The B.A.R.S. project will also offer the chance to spend more time outdoors experiencing the countryside and coastline unique to Plymouth’s location. In addition to MGA sessions each participant of B.A.R.S. will also be paired with a trained peer to peer buddy who will be there not only to mentor and attend activity sessions but also to join them on outings to locations such as Dartmoor.
What we need from you
- Creative submissions for our range of B.A.R.S. merchandise. For many people taking steps to begin an active lifestyle can be a daunting experience, therefore we are putting together a pack of stylish, inclusive products to help make that ?rst B.A.R.S. experience a positive one.
- The winning design will be used to create a variety of products such as a t-shirt/pin badge/tote bag/sports bottle.
- Open to UoP students from any course and year of study however all submissions must be a suitable form of visual art e.g. drawing/illustration/graphic design/typography.
Deadline now: 30.11.2018, 12pm
What we are looking for
- A well-considered design incorporating a positive affirmation/slogan of your choice. Please keep in mind your audience and the focus of the B.A.R.S. project.
- Can include illustrated elements as well as typography – Your choice!
- Visually engaging artwork suitable for application to activewear.
- A design that can be successfully printed both digitally and screen printed.
- Hi res jpeg labelled with YourName_Course_YearOfStudy_BARS (Chosen submission will need to be provided as an editable ?le e.g. ai/eps) e.g. ‘JoBloggs_BAEnglishLiterature_Yr1_BARS.jpeg’
- Maximum of 2 colours (Block colour, no gradients)
- Digital submission only - Final artwork must be submitted here using your University of Plymouth email address.
The winning design will be chosen by a University of Plymouth Student’s Union panel:
Rachel Miller (Physical Activity & Wellbeing Coordinator), Tilda Fraser (Vice President Welfare and Diversity), Ben Morris (Vice President Sport), Abi Aslett (Design and Marketing Assistant).
Winner announced via the UPSU social media channels on 7th December 2018