UK General Elections Info, Details & FAQs Register to Vote

Free or inexpensive fresh air activities and exercise in and around Plymouth


Please ensure you comply with the current government guidance re Covid-19



Trip to Mount Edgcumbe by ferry


Walk to Admiral’s Head and take the Cremyl Ferry across the water to Mount Edgcumbe.

Ferry timetable can be found here.

Return ferry currently costs £4.00.

Make sure you check the time of the last return ferry.

Alternatively, Citybus operates a bus service via the Torpoint Ferry and takes over an hour:


Take a picnic or snacks and plenty of water and wear sensible walking shoes as paths can be muddy. Refreshments are available at Mount Edgcumbe Country Park and the Edgcumbe Arms when permitted.




Wild Swimming off Plymouth Hoe (free)


There are regular groups on who swim in the sea off Plymouth Hoe below the Terrace Café:

Find out about the Plymouth Sound Swim Zones here.

Please remember to beware of currents and tides at all times.

You are advised to wear a wetsuit or other suitable swimwear if swimming out of season.

Refreshments are available nearby


Get some advice from your Surf Clubs new Instagram lockdown project:




Cycle or walk through Plymbridge Woods


Take the 21/21a/20 Citybus service to Macdonalds in Plympton and walk through Plymbridge Woods.  Alternatively, catch the Stagecoach Park & Ride service to Coypool.

Bike hire is available from Plymouth Bike Hire


Take picnic/snacks/drinks.  Wear suitable shoes. 

Refreshments are available at Macdonald's.  Refreshments van available occasionally at Plymvalley National Trust car park. Skylark Inn at Colebrook along the route.


Parkrun operates from Plymbridge Woods when permitted (free)




Explore Central Park


A great space for walking/cycling not far from the city centre.

Parkrun operates in Central Park when permitted (free)

Refreshments are available.




Walk around Radford Park


Take the Stagecoach bus service no 2 to Radford Park Road.

Refreshments are available.


Do you need support or advice? Contact our Advice Centre