The role of a School Rep is to support the Course Reps and assist in progressing feedback from programme to school level. School Reps meet with their Faculty Lead and the VP Education, where needed, to progress any feedback from students to the Faculty or University through the appropriate channels. School Reps attend Student Staff Liaison Committee (SSLC) and School Teaching Learning Quality Committee (STLQC), they are also members of the UPSU Union Council.
Sam is the School Rep for the School of Engineering, Computing, & Mathematics.
Check out some of Sam's highlights and key achievements so far this year:
- Strengthened the University’s relationships with the IET (Institution of Engineering and Technology), secured regular funding for student events both in Plymouth and London for multidisciplinary engineers and scientists
- Organised two site visits to local engineering companies as a case-study that SECaM programmes should be doing more to promote site visits as part of their curriculum
- Worked in partnership with the School SLT to better their coursework feedback mechanisms, with a view to enhance exam feedback
- Working with the Institution of Education to develop a programme of inter-disciplinary STEM training (work in progress)
- Bi-monthly Course Rep Meetings in the Hive/Little Room to feed-forward student voice at STLQC/FTLQC.