With darker evenings and colder weather upon us, the SU would like to create a programme of activities to keep students connected over the winter period.
If you're interested in joining our fantastic team of Buddies, for just the winter period or for the rest of the year, we would value you in our student-led community which provides opportunities for students to keep in touch and to combat loneliness and isolation.
Any students would be welcome to participate in activities, whether they are international students that cannot return home, students that may be estranged from their family, or just those students who live in Plymouth and fancy meeting up over the winter months.
How you can help:
- Help contribute to our list of activities for students to get involved with. These may be free or low cost (where there is a cost associated with entry or travel, the SU may be able to pay for the activity. T&Cs apply).
- Lead an event/event timetable during the winter months. This could be something you are happy to do by yourself or to team up with another Buddy.
- Help to collect feedback from attendees to shape and further develop the scheme.
- Help us to promote the activities by taking photos and supporting social media activity!
Activities might include the following but we are open to ideas!
- Visit to the Box
- Bring a dish to share lunch on campus
- Cinema or bowling trips
- Zoom quiz or Zoom games
- Axe throwing or Escape Room
- Brunch or lunch at a local business
- A winter walk
- Rollerskating or laser tag
- Visit the aquarium
- Swimming at the life centre during our free student sessions
- Karaoke night or Jam House at the SU
- Check out what’s on a the Barbican theatre or Theatre Royal
- Attend a live music gig
Check out what's on this Christmas in Plymouth here.
Get in touch with us!
If you have any questions or just want to find out more, please get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about the SU Buddy Scheme here.