an article from Environmental Society
Do you know what is very scary about Halloween?
According to Hubbub, 12.8 million pumpkins are expected to be left uneaten in the UK alone!
This contributes to global food waste.
What about making a very easy & warming pumpkin soup
You can do it even with the carving pumpkins.
All you need is:
- Vegetable stock cube
- Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg
if you want to make it very rich:
- Coconut cream (or double cream)
All you need to do is:
- Boil down chopped pumpkin and potatoes (until very soft and fall apart).
- Add fried (in vegetable oil) grated carrots and onions.
- Add finely grated ginger (very careful with ginger, it's better to add more later than to have it too much), add stock cube and spices.
- Add some coconut cream at the very end if you want.
- Blend until smooth and creamy!
- Seeds can be added on top or fed to birds!
Share your soups with us by tagging us in your pictures online!
Environmental Society Upcoming Events:
1) Ditch Disposables: 1st Zoom Discussion on 28th October at 6pm
Join this virtual event if you want the University of Plymouth to ditch disposables and raise its environmental status even more!
Meeting ID: 913 6842 4352
2) Charity fundraising game: How well do you know Plymouth.
This game is designed to get to know the city better, to bring some fun into routine filled days, and the main goal: to raise money for Dartmoor Pony Heritage Trust.
Applications until 31st October! More information about the event on upsu.com/societies/envirosoc/ or Facebook & Instagram.