Retail (Shop) Supervisor - Student x 8
Read about UPSU's IIP Gold status here.
About this vacancy
The Student Union shop is a fast paced and fun place to work. Working together to achieve amazing results everything we do is aimed at giving our customers great value for money.
- Student Jobs at UPSU are a priceless opportunity to be welcomed into a friendly student environment – UPSU promotes a strong teamwork ethic, built on friendship, hard work and communication
- As part of the retail team you will supervise all student retail staff ensuring exemplary levels of customer service is provided at all times.
- You will learn some adaptable and valuable retail and supervisory skills to develop your CV.
- UPSU Student Staff often obtain salaried employment at UPSU once they finish their studies, because they learn so many skills in their student roles
- Plymouth University students only
- £7.80 + holiday pay = £8.74
- Or £8.31 + holiday pay (if over 25) = £9.31
- Shift requirements – various shifts
- Work closely with other students, building close friendships
- Learn about ad maintain H&S provisions for patrons and employees
- Learn about the retail industry and gain valuable customer service experience
Full requirements are in the Job Description. We are seeking applications from candidates who:
- Are currently studying at Plymouth University
- Can work minimum of 2 shifts per week
- Various shifts to be covered include Mon to Fri 7.30am-8.30pm and 11.30am-5.30pm weekends.
- Understand and have knowledge of H&S
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Good team leadership skills and motivation skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Able to work on own initiative and be organised
To apply, complete the Application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job live: Monday 11 February 2019
- Closing date: 4 March 2019 12noon
- Interviews: 25, 26, 27 and 28 March 2019
- Start date: 1 May 2019
Equality of Opportunity
UPSU is proudly an accredited Investor in People and is committed to Equality and Diversity. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.