Read more about UPSU here. Read about UPSU's IIP Gold status here.
About this vacancy
As our Bar Shift Manager, you will run bar shifts as part of the Bar Management team, ensuring excellent service. We run the second largest nightclub in Plymouth and are proud to be rated Gold as part of the Best Bar None accreditation scheme, with a score of 100% in our latest on-site visit. The Bar is a daytime, night-time and weekend operation, providing a service for weekly events such as karaoke, quizzes and open mic nights as well as the nightclubs.
In addition, we open for major sporting events such as Premier League football, World Cup and Six Nations rugby, and for regular events such as our Beer, Cider, Gin and Rum festivals as well as Oktoberfest and Summer Ball.
We offer a wide range of drinks and a safe environment for our students to enjoy the time when they aren’t studying hard.
- Grade 2/3
- Salary starting at £17,856 FTE
- 1,665 hours per year
- Hours are worked on a shift basis and can include days, nights and weekends
- Permanent position
- The post holder will be able to take time off at Christmas, New Year, Easter and during the summer, as these are quiet times at the University
UPSU employs 65 dedicated and passionate salaried staff, as well as over 200 casual student staff. We are an Investors in People Gold employer, and offer:
- Over 7 weeks’ paid annual leave (including Bank Holidays and Additional Closedown Days)
- A popular annualised hours system that works in a very similar way to a flexi-time system
- Paid lunch breaks
- Annual increments
- Access to a good workplace pension scheme
- One paid day off per year to undertake voluntary work
- Annual chill-out days and Christmas parties
- Occupational sick pay, maternity and paternity pay schemes
- Subsidised membership of our on-campus Sports Centre
- Read about UPSU's IIP Gold status here
Full requirements can be found in the Job Description and Person Specification. We are seeking applications from candidates who have supervisory experience (preferably within the licensed trade), experience of cashing up and stock control procedures. You will need knowledge of the Licensing act and to be an excellent team leader.
To apply, complete the Application form and email to email@example.com
- Closing date: Monday 14th October (9am)
- Interviews: Monday 21st October 2019 (this date cannot be changed, please be prepared to be available).
- Start date: ASAP thereafter
Equality of Opportunity
UPSU is proudly an accredited Investor in People and is committed to Equality and Diversity. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of any characteristic.