About this vacancy
We believe that the University of Plymouth Students’ Union should be a social, inclusive organisation. We are committed to doing an amazing job and work hard to facilitate opportunities and experiences for students. If you see yourself working as part of our friendly, passionate team, we’d love to hear from you.
As our Assistant Cook, you will work closely with the Bars Manager to prepare high-quality food such as buffets, the daily menu, and special menu items.
This will be a busy role, and you will also need to get involved in supporting the organisation with different duties from time to time.
Read about the outlet here.
- Grade 2
- Salary starts at: £17,856 FTE (pro-rated to £13,727).
- 1,280 hours per annum (on average 37 hours per week during busy term-time periods, with less requirement to work during quieter periods, but you will still be paid equally over 12 months
- Normally, shifts will be Monday to Friday
- Flexible working hours will be required, occasionally including evenings or weekends
- Permanent position
- Job Description
UPSU employs 70 dedicated and passionate salaried staff, as well as over 200 casual student staff. We are an Investors in People Gold employer and offer:
- 25 days paid annual leave, plus 8 paid Bank Holidays, plus 3 paid Christmas days
- A popular annualised hours system that works in a very similar way to a flexi-time system
- Paid lunch breaks
- Annual increments
- Access to a great workplace pension scheme
- One paid day off per year to undertake voluntary work
- Annual chill-out days and Christmas parties
- Occupational sick pay, maternity and paternity pay schemes
- Subsidised membership of our on-campus Sports Centre
- And many other benefits
Please send us your CV and a covering letter telling us why you are suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date: Friday 9 August 2019 (9am)
- Interviews: Tuesday 13 August 2019 (please be prepared to be available on this day)
- Start date: September 2019
Equality of Opportunity
UPSU is proudly an accredited Investor in People and is committed to Equality and Diversity. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of any characteristic.