Wednesday 07 October 2020
3:15pm - 5pm
Central Park, Tip site (bottom)
- Clubs & Societies
- Give it a Go
- In person
Jiu Jitsu Taster Session 2
This is a free session for anyone interested in doing Jiu Jitsu at the University of Plymouth, taking place at Central Park, Tip site (bottom). Meet us on the SU roof at 2:50pm so we can walk up to the park. There will be a limit of 12 people able to register for each session using free SU ticket sales. Bubble groups will be created, with varying abilities mixed together. The session will give a flavour of what Jiu Jitsu will look like this year, working on self-defence and moves that can be done while following Covid guidelines. Encourage your housemates to come along so you can work together! Wear comfortable clothes/sportswear that you can move around in.
Before coming to your first session you must fill out the following forms:
Extra Covid instruction:
- You must not come to our sessions if you or any members of your household have any symptoms or are self-isolating.
- Please bring a mask as these will be needed while we set up the mats.
- Download the NHS Test & Trace app before the session if possible, so you can scan the QR code on entering Pitts Hall (if not, we will take your name and number at the start of the session).
- Please bring your own hand sanitiser if you have it.
- Please bring your own water.
To sign up, please purchase a free ticket below (limited to 12 tickets)
Event photography and video
Please be aware that some of the University of Plymouth Students’ Union events may be attended by UPSU approved photographers and videographers, for capturing content to be used in UPSU and University online and offline marketing and promotional materials, for example webpages, social media or flyers. If for whatever reason, you or a member of your group, do not wish to be photographed, please make yourself known to staff working at the event on arrival or to the photographer.