UPSU Student Led Volunteering projects are run by students, for students. From woodland regeneration with The Green Team to mentoring...
Special Olympics Volunteer
This opportunity takes place between 19 Jan 2022 and 01 Jun 2022
Student Led Volunteering
Contact email address
YMCA – The Kitto Centre (Meet In The Hive in the SU)
How to volunteer
To be involved with this project and to receive regular updates, you will need to sign up for a FREE membership with Student Led Volunteering is via this link: https://www.upsu.com/slv/
A BOOSTER VACCINATION AND A NEGATIVE LATERAL FLOW TEST IS REQUIRED BEFORE ATTENDING.
Benefits to self
- Gain experience of working with individuals who have learning disabilities.
- Acquire knowledge of sport engagement techniques.
- Expand your skills of coaching and leadership, with potential to lead group sessions.
- A chance to meet new people and be a part of a team.
Benefits to others
You will be providing those with learning difficulties an opportunity to engage in sport that they wouldn't necessarily get a chance to in mainstream society. In turn, you are helping to enhance those involved in the project by raising their self-esteem, improving their health and fitness, offering chances to make new friends, and working on their communication/social skills.
- Areas of InterestDisabilities/Special Needs, Sports
- How Often?Once A Week
- When?Weekdays, Evenings