Plymouth Snowriders is a student-run Snowsports Club that welcomes everyone, be it for social, leisure or competitive reasons. We cater for all abilities and aspects of snowsports, from lessons and race training at Mount Plym, 2 Ski trips per year, BUDS in Edinburgh and many other competitions, to regular socials in Plymouth city centre and more!
So what do you get for your £35 membership fee? Here's a breakdown of a few key costs we use membership fees for:
- As a member you will be welcomed with open arms to all of our events and socials throughout the year! In-person socials with our new sponsorship Fever! - follow our instagram page @plymouthsnowriders for all the latest updates and details!
- Access to our legendary Christmas, Easter and Summer trip packages! Come and join us as we take around 130 snowriders to the Alps for a week of Skiing, Snowboarding and social antics at a price that you will struggle to beat elsewhere! This year we are going to Tignes for our 2023 Christmas ski trip!
- We subsidise entries and transport wherever possible for competitions, lessons and training to help our members improve their abilities and apply what they've learned.
- Access to our exclusive discounted lesson packages at Mount Plym - which has just installed a brand new Dendix surface for 2023. We provide lesson packages priced at £50 which includes a block of 4 lessons every other week. (Each lesson is ~2 hours so 8 hours of lessons in total!). To put this price into perspective, lessons at our local dry slope are about £36 per lesson (see their site for quoted figure), so to buy our 4 lesson package deal for £50, you'll be saving about £100! Thats almost four times your membership fee for the year!
- By becoming a member you will also be able to purchase our highly prized snowriders stash - renowned for their comfort, quality and style at student standard prices! We will be taking pre-orders for Snowriders Tees over Freshers week to get your hands on our new tees for 2023! Make sure you pop by our stall at the Freshers Sports Fair to grab some Snowriders stash, such as shot glasses, stickers and beanies.
- Discounts and exclusive events at bars and clubs around Plymouth
- Access to discounts and exclusive lock-ins hosted by our sponsors; NUCO, Bro!, Planks, Armada, OOSC, Slink Ski, SQI, Ski Bartlett, Snowcat, Extra Joss, UPSU, and our chosen charity Protect Our Winters. Please message/email us for your discount codes!
Lessons- Every other week
Want to get better before your easter trip? Or just want to learn how to slide whichever way you can? Ski and snowboard lessons are available through Snowriders, and this includes equipment hire! You can make your own way to the slopes by car sharing or hopping on the frequent 51 bus to drop you off near the slope! If you have your own equipment, you can bring it! Helmets are NOT provided at the slope. Long sleeves and gloves must be worn. Priced £50 for a block of 4 lessons, or one off lessons for £20.
Open practice- Every other week
Fancy a bit of open practice at mount plym? You can make your own way to the slopes by car sharing or hopping on the frequent 51 bus to drop you off near the slope! Equipment hire is covered in your ticket! Helmets must be worn for freestyle features, note helmets are NOT provided by the slope. Long sleeves and gloves mustbe worn. ~£12
Race training- Every other week
Training for people who want that extra bit of competitive kick in your life :) If you have your own equipment you may bring it, equipment hire is covered in your ticket, helmets are NOT provided at the slope. Long sleeves and gloves must be worn. A dual slalom course will be run for practice.~£12
Plymouth Snowriders offer a wide range of social activities with or without a drink in your hand! We've got lots of themed socials for you guys throughout the year at some of our favourite spots across Plymouth! All themed socials will be announced on our Instagram page, so make sure your following us to get all the lastest details!! @plymouthsnowriders
In 2022 we took 130 Snowriders on our Christmas trip to Val Thorens, and ran another smaller ski trip in the Easter holidays to Pas de la Casa!
This year we plan to take 150 Snowriders to Tignes- All details for the ski trip are released on our instagram, make sure you follow so you don't miss out on any of the action!
For any more details please feel free to email us/contact us on social media! Don’t forget to follow us on our Facebook page or Instagram to keep up to date with socials, lessons and much more!
Sponsorship links: ; https://nucotravel.com ; bro! clothing | The Brocery Store | Home of bro! clothing ; Planks® - Skiwear, Clothing & Accessories (planksclothing.com) ; WELCOME TO FW23. | Armada Great Britain (armadaskis.com) ; Ski Suits | Retro-Styled, Sustainable Ski Wear – OOSC Clothing (oosc-clothing.com) ; SlinkSki Apparel – Outerwear & eco tees designed for the way you move ; SQI - 'Ski with a Q' – www.wearesqi.com ; Ski Equipment | Buy Ski Equipment, Buy Ski Clothing | Ski Bartlett ; snowcatclothing