Do you study any of these engineering courses? Civil and Coastal, Mechanical, Marine and Materials, Electrical, Navigation and Maritime Science, Computing or Robotics.
If so WES is for you! The Women's Engineering Society provides a supportive environment for people of all backgrounds to come together; we encourage the development of our members both academically and socially and we strongly support inspiring the next generation of engineers through STEM activities. Women are a minority in the industry and though we have chosen to highlight women, all are welcome to join.
Our goals as a society
- Promote STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) to young students.
- Create networking opportunities with women in industry.
- Provide a socially and academically supportive community.
- Offer placement support and advice.
- Keep our members in the know about female engineering events.
- Skills workshops unique to our members.
- Fundraise and give back.
- Socials and events: We host socials every fortnight
Socials and Events
21st October - Big Quiz Night ?
1st November - Bowling Social ?
15th November - Games Night
29th November - Christmas Meal
After Exams - End of exams social
TBC in the new year.
We aim to have networking evenings with guest speakers, fundraising events and opportunities as well as continuing fun socials.
Fundraising and Volunteering
This year our chosen charity is Mind UK. Fundraising activities will include bake sales, quiz nights and anything else you can suggest!
Additionally we will help our members become STEM ambassadors so we can go into schools and promote engineering to young girls.
To keep up to date and be in the know follow our socials.
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/WESPlymouth
Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/WESPlymouth