Get the SU Studentlink App
Give It A Go
Wins For Students
Nigerian Students Society
Please log in to join this organisation.
The Nigerian Society Plymouth
The Nigerian Students Society was founded on 17th January 2013, It was created to provide the cultural and traditional needs of the minority ethnic groups in the university particularly the Nigerians who are nearly half the population of the international community.
Since the creation of the society we have organised successful events which include the first African multicultural night, with performances from different african dance groups including the Ghanaian, Angolan (kizomba) and representing the three major ethnic groups in Nigeria, also we had drama, fashion show and different traditional meals. The society is growing fast with a current membership of about 200 people. Membership is not restricted only to students of Nigerian decent !! We warmly welcome all students !! So feel free to join the society as we have got members from different ethnic backgrounds. We also belong to the Nigerian Students Union UK.
Aims and objectives
- To promte cultural integration in the university and community at large
- To promote diversity in a respectful, fun manner
- To strengthen the community of Nigerian students within the university making sure that every student feels they belong!
- We aim to promote Nigerian rich culture through organising of events and other social activities
- To build a stronger and well educated network of students that will affect the future of Nigeria and Africa as a whole
- Membership fee is free
We have so much planned for the year , GET INVOLVED !!!
Code of Conduct
Society Development Plan
Don't forget to register to vote by the 26th Nov!