Part-time Officers collate student feedback in relation to their role which represents an area of interest or a student demographic. Part-time Officers work closely with Sabbatical Officers to identify and progress campaigns and to promote and defend the rights of the students they are representing.
Commitment and duties :
This position requires an average commitment of 10 hours per month:
- Part-time Officers are a key representative link between the student body, the Union, and University. You will be expected to proactively engage with the student body and collate any feedback relating to the academic experience of students. You will then present student feedback at relevant university and union meetings in a constructive and professional way.
- You will act in the best interests of the students you represent and will help to develop and inform Union policy which will reflect your ongoing research into student opinion. This will enable you to lead on and support others in running campaigns and initiatives to improve the student experience at the University of Plymouth.
- With support from UPSU you will communicate important information and outcomes back to the students you represent. You will be expected to maintain a close relationship with other elected representatives, union and university staff who will support you to develop and progress your manifesto points.
Read a full description of the Part-Time Officer role here.
Roles currently available:
- Part-Time Postgraduate Taught Officer
- Part-Time Academic Officer
- Part-Time Faith & Belief Officer
- Part-Time Men’s Officer
- Part-Time Societies Officer
- Part-Time Environment & Sustainability Officer
- Part-Time Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME)
- Part-Time Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender + (LGBT+)
- Part-Time Trans and Non-Binary Officer
- Part-Time Women’s Officer
- Part-time Partner Institutions Officer
- Part-Time Students with Disabilities Officer
To find out more about this or any other representative role, please speak to our Student Voice team – email@example.com
Nominations for the Part-Time Elections are open until Friday 7th October at 12pm.
View all roles and nominate yourself today Click here