UK General Elections Info, Details & FAQs Register to Vote

Are you concerned about a fellow student? A friend? A peer? A housemate?

Written by: UPSU Advice

No ratings yet. Log in to rate.

We understand that it can be difficult if you are worried about the wellbeing of another person. It can be tough knowing how to approach them or what support you can offer them or understanding what support is available to them through the University of Plymouth or the wider community. 

Student Wellbeing Services offer a whole raft of support for students. They offer one-to-one appointments, drop-in sessions, workshops and group chats, and have a range of self-help material. They have an online referral form you can fill in, or you can email them at or call them on 01752 587676. 

You can find all the information on the following page of the University of Plymouth website: 

There is also plenty of support available from local support services. These services are here to help and can be a good place to direct someone who needs some support. 

You can see them here: 

Student Minds also offer a Look After Your Mate workshop, which will give you the necessary tips and tools to support a friend in need: spotting the signs that your friend is struggling, how to start a conversation and support them and when to signpost for further help – as well as looking after yourself in the process. 

You can find details of how to sign up for the workshop here: 

Remember, if you have serious concerns about a student, you should contact University Security on +44 1752 588400, the police on 101 or in an emergency, 999.?