You should always try and resolve any problems you have encountered with the person or department concerned before you consider using the Complaints Procedure. 

However, if this is unsuccessful, Plymouth University has a formal complaints system which you may wish to use.  This may be as a result of dissatisfaction with the way your course has been delivered, coursework has taken in excess of 20 working days to be marked and returned to you, unfair treatment by a member of University staff or some other aspect of your dealings with the University as a result of being a student here. 

Your complaint must be submitted on the Plymouth University Complaints Form which can be found at 

You can submit a complaint at any time during the academic year in which the problem arose.  However, we always suggest that a complaint should be made as soon as possible in order to resolve the matter without delay.  Complaints must be made within 3 months of the end of the academic year in which the issue arose. 

If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you will have a right of appeal to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator which is an independent body which reviews student complaints.  

Contact the Advice Centre if you would like to discuss the options available to you.