As a part or our annual members survey ‘Tell Us How We’re Doing’, we created a sub section of the survey to accommodate our members' perceptions of sustainability. The feedback will help us to inform our sustainability work in the future.
1235 students took part in the ‘Tell Us How We’re Doing’ survey with 1014 fully completing it. Of the 1235 students that took part, 1026 completed the Sustainability section of questions. The sections consisted of 3 key questions and a section for comments.
- How important do you feel it is to lead an environmentally friendly lifestyle?
- What would encourage you to recycle more?
- How do you feel about the amount of recycling facilities at University?
UPSU worked with the UPSU Environmental Society (Enviro Soc) to shape the questions to help with the research they need to inform their future campaigns.
We found that the majority of Plymouth University students showed that it is important to them to lead an environmentally friendly lifestyle, with 69% stating it is very important and 26% saying important.
- 7 out of 10 students say that it is very important to live an environmentally friendly lifestyle.
- 8 out of 10 international students feel the same
- Almost 8 out of 10 respondents feel that more recycling facilities at University would
- encourage them to recycle more.
- 1 in 2 students feel there are not enough recycling facilities at University
- 1 in 10 feel there should be more information online about recycling.
READ THE FULL REPORT