Have you ever wanted to meet new friends then stab them...
Join Fencing Today!
Fencing is a competitive and fast-growing sport, which uses not only strategy and skill but creativity to outwit and outsmart your opponent.
At Plymouth University, it doesn't matter if you've been fencing for years or just wanting to try out a new sport. we will welcome you into our club and give you the opportunities to learn/improve your fencing.
As a 3-weapon club, there is bound to be something to keep you coming back fencing every week!
The club trains every Friday at the Davy Main Hall from 7 pm to 9 pm. As well as this many members of the club do additional team training at Salle Lawrence Fencing club on Thursday and Plymouth Fencing club on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- All Kit provided
- Coaching with our new coach Jason Shillingford
- Sessions aimed at gaining skills and becoming adept with the rules and tatics of fencing
For Experienced fencers
- A chance to represent the team in Bucs league.
- Bucs individuals held in February.
- Free fence sessions, to hone your skills.
- Group coaching sessions to work on foot and blade work.
- Going as a group to various open tournaments spread across the UK.
- 1 on 1 coaching.
As a club, we also do a lot throughout the year to keep you engaged in the club and forge close friendships with the other members of the club including but not limited to:
-Alcoholic and non-alcoholic socials such as white t-shirt social and movie nights.
-x-systra (Paris trip to an international university fencing event)
If you want to try Fencing out, sign up today!