On the 26th October ,11 archers from the University of Plymouth Archery Club travelled to Swansea University to compete in the first fixture of the 2019/2020 (South Wales and West (SWWU) Archery League. There was a mix of experienced archers and novice archers, some of whom had only been shooting since October 6th.
University of Plymouth Archery Club
"We performed amazingly walking away with a medal in every category we entered!! And having one of the best SWWU’s we've ever competed in!"
The results were as follows:
- Gold (league and club record) - Dave Hendy – Male Novice Compound
- Gold (league record) - Oscar Johnson – Male Novice Recurve
- Silver - Ben Lindsey – Male Novice Barebow?
- Silver - Milla Vehmaa – Female Novice Recurve?
- Gold (league record) - Joseph Tripp – Male Recurve
- Silver - Rodolfo Perez – Male Longbow?
- Bronze - Alex Rowe – Male Recurve
- 4th - Katie Pollington – Female Barebow?
- 5th - Kerry Marks – Female Recurve
- 6th - Amy Roberts - Female Recurve?
- 8th - Brandon Toy – Male Barebow?
- 20th - Fabian Khoo – Male Recurve
The team also achieved
- Gold in the Novice Non-Compound team (Oscar Johnson, Milla Vehmaa and Ben Lindsey)
- Gold in the Experienced Non-Compound (Joseph Tripp, Alex Rowe, Alex Rowe and Amy Roberts).
"This leaves us overall first in the league! Ahead of Swansea, Bristol, Bath and Exeter the usual top four of the league."
The University of Plymouth Archery Club started in 1986 and welcomes people of all experience levels, from total beginner to experienced. They shoot Friday evenings and Sunday mornings. Your membership fee includes affiliation to Archery GB, GWAS, DCAS and UKSAA, as well as use of the club equipment.
Find out more about the University of Plymouth Archery Club on their club page here, or by following them on social media. Facebook // Instagram // Twitter.