This year's Part-Time Elections open on Monday 27th September and run until Friday 16th October. The Elections are broken down into the following stages:
- Nominations Period: Monday 27th September, midday - Friday 8th October, midday
- Manifesto Checking and Feedback: Monday 11th - Friday 15th October
- Voting Open: Monday 18th, midday - Friday 22nd October, midday
We have a wide range of roles on offer covering the following;
- Collating, presenting and communicating feedback on academic issues through our School Rep roles,
- Representing a demographic or groups of students such as mature or international students
- Progressing representation of our liberation groups which include Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic and LGBT+ students
- Upholding the democratic, representative principles of the SU through the Union Council Chair and Accountability Board positions
All roles are Part-Time to be completed alongside your studies and offer a unique insight into how the SU and University are run. They give the post holder an opportunity to gain and develop skills including; negotiation, time management, research and influencing and provide valuable experience to refer to when asked to prove these competencies in future interviews.
Take a look at the full list of roles available:
The Accountability Board is made up of elected Students. It is their role to scrutinise the elected officers and student-led meetings to ensure they are being as fair and representative as they could possibly be, and to hold them to account.
Accountability Board Chair
Member of Accountability Board (9 places)
The Union Council is the highest student-led decision-making body at the University of Plymouth.
Union Council Chair
Part-Time Officers work to drive forward positive change for their fellow students through their own campaigns, whilst continuously looking to proactively engage with the student body and collate any feedback relating to the student experience, framed by the context of the part-time officer role held and more.
- Part-Time Transgender and Non-Binary Officer - If you wish to run for this role, you will need to make sure that you have self-defined as being a member of the relevant community.
- Part-Time Academic Officer
- Part-Time Environment & Sustainability Officer
- Part-Time Sports Officer
- Part-Time International Students Officer
- Part-Time Students with Disabilities Officer - If you wish to run for this role, you will need to make sure that you have self-defined as being a member of the relevant community.
- Part-Time Welfare Officer
- Part-Time Men’s Welfare Officer
- Part-Time Societies Officer
- Part-Time Women’s Officer - If you wish to run for this role, you will need to make sure that you have self-defined as being a member of the relevant community.
- Part-Time Volunteering Officer
- Part-Time Black Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) Officer - If you wish to run for this role, you will need to make sure that you have self-defined as being a member of the relevant community.
- Part-Time Postgraduate Taught Officer
- Part-Time Postgraduate Research Officer
- Part-Time Mature Students Officer
- Part-Time Faith and Belief Officer
- Part-Time LGBT+ Officer - If you wish to run for this role, you will need to make sure that you have self-defined as being a member of the relevant community.
School Representatives are at the centre of the academic representation system within their respective school. They support the Course Reps and assist in progressing feedback from programme to school level.
- Peninsula Medical School Representative
- Peninsula Dental School Representative
- Plymouth Business School Representative
- School of Art, Design & Architecture Representative
- School of Biological & Marine Sciences Representative
- School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics Representative
- School of Geography, Earth & Environmental Sciences Representative
- School of Health Professions Representative
- School of Nursing and Midwifery Representative
- School of Psychology Representative
- School of Biomedical and Healthcare Sciences
- School of Society and Culture Representative
- Plymouth Institute of Education
Find out more about the roles
If you want to find out more about any of the roles, ask questions about the process of nominating yourself or even just have an informal chat about these opportunities then come along to one of our Thinking of Running sessions with our Student Voice team.
Join us via Zoom on Monday 4th October, 12 – 1pm.
Register for your free ticket here.
- or -
Join us in-person in Portland Square C4 on Tuesday 5th October, 4:30 – 5:30pm.
Find out more here.
Find out more and nominate yourself today Click here