We are a democracy
This means that you elect the students who lead the SU and represent you, we are student-led through strong democratic structures and firmly believe in the principle and power of democracy.
The Students' Union is not just a physical space, it's you and everyone around you. We work to empower you to make positive change in your community, be it locally, nationally, or internationally. When you’re a student here at the University of Plymouth, you're instantly a member of your Students' Union, and that means you have a role in the decisions that affect you.
As a member, you're a part of our 'democratic structures'. We hold forums and meetings for you and other students to come together, discuss ideas, and work with your Sabbatical Officers to create positive change.
Voting is now open until midday on Friday 22nd October! If you want to find out more about how to vote, the ATV system or who RON is then check out our How to Vote page.
The following University of Plymouth students have put themselves forward to represent you, to work to improve your student experience and influence changes that can make your life better.
School Representatives 2020/21 Candidates
Elect School Representatives who are at the centre of the academic representation system within their respective school.
Peninsula Medical School
Plymouth Business School
- Angelos Sidiropoulos
- Antonia-Roxana Vrabie
Plymouth Institute of Education
- Jack Pellowe
- Medb O'Kane
School of Art, Design & Architecture
- Wendy Villalba Pillajo
School of Biomedical & Healthcare Sciences
School of Nursing and Midwifery
School of Society and Culture
- Lucy Metaj
- Morris Ovie
The following Schools still need a representative to collate feedback and speak on behalf of their cohort. If your School is listed below and you’re interested in making a difference – get in touch with our Student Voice team at email@example.com
- Peninsula Dental School Representative ?
- School of Biological & Marine Sciences Representative?
- School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics Representative?
- School of Geography, Earth & Environmental Sciences Representative?
- School of Health Professions Representative?
- School of Psychology Representative?
Part-Time Officers 2020/21 Candidates
Elect those who are empowered to set the political course of action for your Students’ Union and to enhance your University experience.
Accountability Board Chair
Union Council Chair
- El Cholmondeley
- Hubert Czernicki
- Robert Nutkins
Part-Time International Students Officer
Part-Time Welfare Officer
- Owain Gullam
- Daniella Marley
Part-Time Men’s Welfare Officer
- Maeve Hoey
- Will Styles
Part-Time Postgraduate Taught Officer
Part-Time Students with Disabilities Officer
Part-Time Women’s Officer
We’re still looking for students to undertake the Part-Time Officer roles listed below. If you’re interested but would like to find out more about what the roles involve and how to put yourself forward, get in touch with the Student Voice team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Part-Time Transgender and Non-Binary Officer?-?If you wish to run for this role, you will need to make sure that you have self-defined as being a member of the relevant community.?
- Part-Time Academic Officer?
- Part-Time Environment & Sustainability Officer?
- Part-Time Sports Officer?
- Part-Time Societies Officer?
- Part-Time Volunteering Officer?
- Part-Time Black Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) Officer?-?If you wish to run for this role, you will need to make sure that you have self-defined as being a member of the relevant community.?
- Part-Time Postgraduate Research Officer ?
- Part-Time Mature Students Officer ?
- Part-Time Faith and Belief Officer ?
- Part-Time LGBT+ Officer??-?If you wish to run for this role, you will need to make sure that you have self-defined as being a member of the relevant community.?
Cast your vote before midday on FridayVote here