Ditch the disposables!
Did you know that there are multiple water points across campus where you can refill your water bottle?
As part of our promise to sustainability, your SU and the University of Plymouth have numerous fountains and coolers across campus which you can use to refill your water bottle. This helps reduce the amount of single use plastic being used, as well as keeping students and staff hydrated.
Water fountains or coolers can be found in the following locations:
- The SU - in The Hive
- The SU - first floor outside the Advice Centre
- The SU - on the roof outside the SU shop
- Drake’s Café
- Library Café
- Roland Levinsky Building - north stairs or east lift lobby
- Scott Building – west corridor
- The House – ground and first floor
- Cookworthy – ground floor and room 417
- Library – all floors (0, 1, 2, 3)
Approximately 8 million pieces of plastic pollution find its way into the ocean every day, with the average household in the UK contributing on average 210 plastic bottles a year to that figure, if they do recycle, and a huge 480 bottles if they don’t! One way to address this tide of plastic pollution is to get better at recycling, as well as significantly reducing the number of plastic bottles we use in the first place.
Check out the map below to find out the locations of the fountains and coolers, and don’t forget to bring your water bottle to campus to help with the fight against single use plastic.