The UPSU Community Larder is here to help students through the cost-of-living crisis.
As prices of rent, utilities and food items have skyrocketed, students face even more struggles to make ends meet. This is directly affecting the academic performance and general wellbeing of students. In order to support these students in the most effective way possible, the SU have launched the Community Larder.
The ongoing success of this initiative will rely on donations from staff, students and local businesses. If you are not able to donate items but would like to volunteer your time or suggest an idea for the development of the service, you can do so here.
List of items for Community Larder:
- Dry Carbohydrates (Rice pasta noodles)
- Jars of sauces
- Porridge, snack bars and cereal
- Tinned veg ( inc potatoes)
- Jams, spreads
- Quick meals- pot noodles, instant mash, pasta and sauce, packet rice
- Ready to use pulses (tins of beans, chickpeas)
- Tinned proteins (tuna, sandwich paste, spam, jars of hotdogs)
- Stock cubes, spices, salt and pepper
- Alternative milks (shelf stable)
Collection and donations 10-5pm, Monday-Friday
In The Hive, to the right of the entrance.