We hope that you have a wonderful and restful holiday. We know that as well as being a lot of fun, Christmas can sometimes feel challenging and stressful. Some of you may be far from your family, some of you may be thinking of people you have lost and for others, Christmas can be a lonely time.
We want you to know that you are not alone in feeling alone, stressed or sad and that there is support for you.
Did you know that as a University of Plymouth student you have access to the Anytime Advice Line, available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Whatever challenges your time at university throws at you, the Advice Line are here to provide support on issues including:
- Making friends and socialising
- Dealing with homesickness
- Time management tips
- Drink, drugs and sexual issues
- Managing finances
- Tenancy issues
- Stress and anxiety
- Juggling studying with work or a family
The Anytime Advice Line is staffed by a team of highly trained and qualified professionals outside of the University who can provide practical information, resources, information about local services, counselling and web-based support on issues including well-being to childcare, stress to debt and loneliness to time management.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- In-the-moment emotional and counselling support
- Accessible by phone, email and via LiveCONNECTSM instant messaging
- Information and advice on a range of studying, work, family and personal issues
- Completely independent from the university.
HOW TO CONTACT THE ADVICE LINE