How’s it going?
Thank you for taking the time to read my update (will try to keep it brief)
Just as last time, I’ve attended a number of meetings ranging from the Schools teaching and learning committee to that of faculty and wider university levels. Specifically focusing on the growing impact that mental health is having on students and staff a like making that a core focal point in discussions.
Last Semesters accomplishments
- Created a Instagram page for school wide news and events with a goal to increase student-staff communication and engagement (go check it out at School Rep for School of Society and Culture (@plymunisosc_rep) • Instagram photos and videos)
- Held two successful course rep events, the first a meeting which had 50% attendance which is outstanding, and the feedback I received from that was amazing giving me lots to say at school and faculty meetings. The second event a drop in session again very successful with 25% attendance less than the first event but still an achievement.
- Although not a personal achievement it still needs to be said, the School of Society and Culture as of last semester had the highest number of course reps appointed at 108 which is outstanding.
The plan for semester 2
- My main goal for semester 2 is the same as the first to ensure and keep up the growing communication between staff and students, and in keeping with that alongside Shelagh Nott (the information specialist for FOAB) approached me with the idea for student focus group with the aim to gather any and all feedback related to the DLE/ Moodle which during the summer will be undergoing significant changes so I greatly encourage you to email Shelagh at firstname.lastname@example.org to take part (donuts have been promised)
- Continue to work with course reps to ensure our student voice is heard.
Louis Wilson School Rep for Society and Culture