A handful of fresh tomatoes
200g can of chickpeas
½ teaspoon of ground coriander
½ teaspoon of cumin powder
½ teaspoon of chilli powder
1) On a medium heat, heat a little bit of oil in a large pan and add the chopped onion and garlic
2) Cook the garlic and onion until soft, stirring occasionally.
3) Add the coriander, cumin and chilli powder and fry for another two minutes.
4) Meanwhile, put the rice to a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. ?Once the water has boiled, turn the heat down so that the rice simmers.
5) Chop the tomatoes into small chunks, add to the pan and give everything a stir. Pour in half a mug of water and leave to simmer on a low heat for a few minutes.
6) Open the can of chickpeas and drain the water.
7) Add the chickpeas (and other veg if you’re using) to the curry along with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and leave to simmer for about 10 minutes.
8) Check that the rice has cooked - it should have a slight crunch to it. When you are happy that the rice is cooked, you can serve your rice and curry meal - enjoy!
If you have leftover food, you can freeze it by putting in in a food safe container; this will last in the freezer for up to three months!