2 tbsp olive oil
500g beef mince
Salt and pepper
1) Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Once heated, add the beef mince and some salt and pepper. Cook the mince until well browned.
2) Add the onions and fry gently for 5-6 minutes, or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
3) Add the grated carrot and then drain any fat from the mince back into the pack.
4) Pour the chopped tomatoes into the pan and stir well.
5) Boil the kettle and place one stock cube/stock pot in a measuring jug. Fill the jug with 400ml of boiled water and mix well.
6) Pour the stock into the frying pan, bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low for 30 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and rich. Season to taste.
7) When ready to cook the spaghetti, heat a large saucepan of water and add a pinch of salt. Cook according to the packet instructions. Once the spaghetti is cooked through, drain and add to the pan with the bolognese sauce. Mix well and serve.