Could you help support your fellow students and the local community? We currently have four Student Led Volunteering projects running and they are all looking for new project leaders for the next academic year!
The projects you could be leading:
- The Green Team – Getting out of the city and into the countryside – running events such as tree planting and conservation of the local environment.
- Animal Conservation – Broadening the experiences of students in practical animal conservation.
For more information on each of the projects head over to the Student Led Volunteering page.
Student Led Volunteering is exactly that – Student led, so, if you have ideas for an exciting new project why not have a read through The UPSU Student Led Volunteering Terms of Reference Document and pop into the volunteering office and have a chat with us.
If this sounds like something you could do then why not consider taking up a Student Led Volunteering Project Leader Role here at UPSU?
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to budget for, organise and lead on volunteering events. These are all valuable skills that can be added to your C.V.
- Free training sessions covering leadership, marketing, organisation, first aid and minibus driving (T&C's apply).
- Opportunities to boost your confidence, nurture/acquire new skills, make new friends and expand your professional networks.
What will be required of you?
Enthusiasm for volunteering and passion for the project you come to lead. Time commitment averages to around 12 hours a month. Full support will be provided by UPSU’s Volunteering Department.
It is advised that you read through the Project Leader Role Description, The UPSU Student Led Volunteering Terms of Reference Document, and find out a bit more about the project you wish to run.
To apply click here