Application deadline: Sun 09 Oct 2022 17:00
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the biggest commercial department of University of Plymouth Students' Union within a team of 4 managers, 3 chefs and over 50 casual student staff. The role will include leading the bars & catering team whilst on shift to deliver excellent service to our members and provide the best possible quality food and drink at excellent value for money for our student members. Benefits of this job include a flexible annualised hours working plan, which allows for large amounts of time off over the Christmas, Easter and Summer periods outside of university term, which is highly unusual and sought after in the hospitality sector.
Purpose of Post:
To ensure the smooth running of the busy Students’ Union bars, delivering customer service of the highest quality in order to enhance the student experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage daily bar operations throughout the venue, in both a daytime and late night economy.
- Act for the Designated Premises Supervisor in their absence, ensuring the implementation and strict adherence to all aspects of the 2003 Licensing Act
- Adhere strictly to opening times in accordance with agreed Standard Operating Procedures and Policies
- Support and assist the Bars Managers as required in the effective management of the department.
- Maintain the bar cellars, equipment and stock rooms, to encompass correct receipt and storage of deliveries, effective stock rotation, ullage management, line cleaning
- Ensure the provision, care and security of all bar takings and floats
- Ensure security of all stock, fixtures and fittings and bar premises
- Help with facilitating and implementing an ongoing training programme to a large team of part-time student bar staff
- Deliver one-to-one meetings to bar staff as required.
- Ensure excellent levels of customer service are always maintained, and excellent standards of product quality.
- Carry out stock takes and assist with external stock takes
- Have an input with, and monitor student staff rotas and staffing levels as appropriate to operational requirements
- Ensure the Health & Safety of customers, visitors and staff
- Effective implementation of promotions, liaising as appropriate with other departments
- Work flexible hours in order to meet the operational requirements of the department
- Be on the floor, visible to staff and serving customers whenever possible.
- Support the Catering Team with the delivery of food operations by facilitating food orders at the bar and utilising student staff to support the combined operation.
Personal Details Form