UPSU Student Trustee (2 positions)
Listed by UPSU
Application deadline: Mon 13 Jun 2022 09:00
Please complete the application form at the bottom of the page.
This is a voluntary role that provides the holders with a wealth of experience.
You will be expected to attend meetings of the Board of Trustees (normally 5 per year, one of which is a 2-day ‘away day’) and to attend subcommittees of the board as required. The role will roughly be around 30 hours per year.
Mon 13 Jun 2022
The interview panel will be made up of current trustees of the UPSU Board. Interviews will be held the week commencing 13th June
Student Trustees can holder the post for a maximum of 2 years
We would like you to attend the UPSU Board Meeting on 24th August 2022.
Training will be given prior to the start of your role – which you will need to attend - dates to be confirmed.
About the role
The role will help to ensure the University of Plymouth Students’ Union is well-governed and managed; achieving its aims and objectives in accordance with its vision, mission and values; and to provide strategic leadership for the organisation.
Student Trustees have a particular responsibility to ensure the decisions and direction of the Students’ Union is in accordance with its members’ wishes and to ensure effective communication between the Students’ Union and its members.
This is a unique opportunity for a student to contribute to UPSU and get some amazing experience for their CV. You will work alongside the Sabbatical Officers, Trustees and our Senior Management Team, giving your views on how UPSU can enhance the student experience. You will learn about business, HR, finance and charity law, whilst making a valuable contribution to the lives of your fellow students.
If you are interested in this role or becoming a Trustee elsewhere, we recommend attending the following free event run by Getting on Board on Monday 23rd May.
Sign up here
- Being a Student Trustee won’t take up too much of your time. We estimate that you’ll need to commit around 30 hours throughout the year.
- Student Trustees shall remain in office for a term of one year, usually for a maximum of 2 years.
We are seeking applications from candidates who:
- Are a fully registered University of Plymouth student
- Have a good understanding of issues affecting undergraduate, postgraduate, international, mature or part-time students in the UK and studying at the University of Plymouth
- Have a passion for the Students’ Union and for supporting our vision to transform lives through experience.
Apply for this role here