Whether you are looking to train your fellow students up around a particular topic or skill, or looking to enter a career where providing training will be a requirement, this two day series of workshops will give you the know how and the tools to run an effective and engaging training session.
The cost of the course (£10) includes all worksheets, refreshements and a certificate posted to the address registered with your University account. This is a non-acreddited course.
Want to attend for FREE? Why not become a UPSU Peer 2 Peer trainer? Find out more here.
You will need to attend both workshops in order to get the full picture of what effective and engaging training looks like:
- Session 1 - Saturday 22nd Febraury - 10:00am to 3:30pm
- Session 2 - Sunday 23rd Febraury - 10:00am to 3:30pm
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe what should be included in the introduction of a training session.
- Explain the training cycle.
- Describe the learning cycle and how to create effective memories.
- Define and write training aims/objectives and learning outcomes - and understand the differences.
- Identify what needs to be factored into the design of a training session.
- Identify and assess different Learning Styles.
- Identify at least five different training activities.
- Recall the two types of evaluation required, after a training session has been completed.