£5.00 (Refundable Deposit)
Please log in to buy tickets.
Open to all Plymouth University students, UPSU is offering you a free afternoon of workshops and activities (including a free buffet dinner), to help you develop your core professional skills, that will see you succeed both now, and in the future.
Check out the brief video from last year's event.
Discover more about yourself and how to enhance your job prospects:
- Attend the interactive workshops on offer (see below).
- Free buffet dinner on us whilst you catch up with fellow students, and take the opportunity to talk one to one with the visiting experts.
- Use the free tools and resources in our reflective space to better understand your capabilities, and chat with a University of Plymouth Careers and Employability adviser.
- Discover the extra-curricular activities on offer that can help boost your C.V.
Plan For The Day:
- 1:00pm to 1:30pm - Registration, deposit refunds, and a chance to explore.
- 1:30pm to 2:30pm - Welcome and Opening Workshop
- 2:30pm to 3:30pm - Workshop Session 1 (sign up to a session of your choice during the registration period)
- 3:30pm to 4:00pm - Tea, Coffee, Biscuits and Catching Up/Exploring Activities
- 4:00pm to 5:00pm - Workshop Session 2 (sign up to a session of your choice during the registration period)
- 5:00pm to 6:00pm - Workshop Session 3 (sign up to a session of your choice during the registration period)
- 6:00pm to 7:00pm - Buffet Dinner/Catching Up/Exploring Activities
Workshops on offer during event:
- Getting The Message Across - Develop effective communication skills.
- What's your leadership style? Test yourself through set challenges to work out what styles of leadership you tend to use.
- Welcome To Teamwork - Discover tools to get any team working together and on the right track.
- Self-Awareness and Practical Leadership - Understanding your abilities to enhance your capacity to lead.
- Motivating and Persuading Others
- Getting The Most Out Of Meetings - Time is precious, don’t let a meeting waste it!
- Emotional intelligence: the number one predictor of success - New ways to think about what happens inside your head and how you can use it to change the world.
- Sustainability and Leadership
- Public Speaking - Pick up some tips on how to effectively engage people with your thoughts, passions and/or work.
This afternoon and evening event is free to attend, but will require you to pay a £5 refundable deposit, in order to secure a space. £5.00 will then be refunded to you on arrival at the event. You will be able to choose which workshops you attend on arrival. If you have any issues or concerns with regards to paying a £5.00 deposit, then please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your issues/concerns.