view all events
Talk About Sex
Roland Levinsky Building, University of Plymouth
Wed 08 February 2023 10:00-17:00
Wednesday 08 February 2023
10am - 5pm
2023 will see the return of the University’s #TalkAboutSex event on Wednesday 8 February. It promises to be bigger and better than before, as we collaborate with other local institutions.
Over the past two years the University and the SU have worked in collaboration to plan and deliver a ‘Talk About Sex’ event.
This event aims to;
- educate and raise awareness of sexual health, healthy relationships, consent, sexual violence and misconduct, sexuality, gender identity, pregnancy, contraception and body confidence
- raise awareness of the University of Plymouth Sexual Violence and Misconduct Policy (PDF)
- raise awareness of available internal and external support services
- raise awareness of how to report incidents of hate, harm and abuse (including sexual violence) using Speak Up
- and remove the stigma and normalise conversations around sex and relationships.
The event for 2023 is planned for the week commencing 6th February to tie in with Sexual Abuse and Sexual Violence Awareness Week and we have organised a ‘fair’ style of event on Wednesday 8th February which will showcase support services, relevant companies and guest speakers. Whilst this is based on the Plymouth Campus, we are aiming to stream talks and make interactive content online which means we can open it out to our partner colleges. Of course, those in proximity to the campus would be welcome to attend in person (due to some of the topics discussed, we do need to restrict participants to 18+).
Click here to see the main event page (University of Plymouth login required): https://liveplymouthac.sharepoint.com/sites/x70/SitePages/Talk-about-sex.aspx
Click here to submit anonymous questions which will be answered during the event: https://app.sli.do/event/jwUNe9XtgTGq77d5QLoMLn
- Free Event
- LGBT History Month
- Welfare & Wellbeing
Event photography and video
Please be aware that some of the University of Plymouth Students’ Union events may be attended by UPSU approved photographers and videographers, for capturing content to be used in UPSU and University online and offline marketing and promotional materials,
for example webpages, social media or flyers. If for whatever reason, you or a member of your group, do not wish to be photographed, please make yourself known to staff working at the event on arrival or to the photographer.