Wed 08 February 2023 10:00-17:00
Wednesday 08 February 2023
10am - 5pm
Roland Levinsky Building, University of Plymouth
- Free Event
- LGBT History Month
- Welfare & Wellbeing
View all Events
Download the App
Talk About Sex
Over the past two years the University and the SU have worked in collaboration to plan and deliver a ‘Talk About Sex’ event.
This event aims to;
- educate and raise awareness of sexual health, healthy relationships, consent, sexual violence and misconduct, sexuality, gender identity, pregnancy, contraception and body confidence
- raise awareness of the University of Plymouth Sexual Violence and Misconduct Policy (PDF)
- raise awareness of available internal and external support services
- raise awareness of how to report incidents of hate, harm and abuse (including sexual violence) using Speak Up
- and remove the stigma and normalise conversations around sex and relationships.
The event for 2023 is planned for the week commencing 6th February to tie in with Sexual Abuse and Sexual Violence Awareness Week and we have organised a ‘fair’ style of event on Wednesday 8th February which will showcase support services, relevant companies and guest speakers. Whilst this is based on the Plymouth Campus, we are aiming to stream talks and make interactive content online which means we can open it out to our partner colleges. Of course, those in proximity to the campus would be welcome to attend in person (due to some of the topics discussed, we do need to restrict participants to 18+).
Click here to see the main event page (University of Plymouth login required): https://liveplymouthac.sharepoint.com/sites/x70/SitePages/Talk-about-sex.aspx
Click here to submit anonymous questions which will be answered during the event: https://app.sli.do/event/jwUNe9XtgTGq77d5QLoMLn