THIS COURSE IS NOW FULLY BOOKED. We hope to offer another course soon.
You will need to be able to attend both days of this course, and be present for the entirety of each day, in order to become a Mental Health First Aider
Tuesday 19th November (9:00am to 4:30pm)
Wednesday 20th November (9:00am to 4:30pm)
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course, designed to teach people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
The course will:
- Give a deeper understanding of the issues that impact on and relate to people's mental health.
- Teach practical skills that can be used every day, including being able to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues, and to feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support.
Independent research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy.
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support.
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues.
- Encourages people to start a conversation with a person who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery.
MHFA won't teach you how to be a therapist, but you will be able to say you're a Mental Health First Aider.
For a heavily reduced price of £36.00 (it can cost over £200) you will:
- Be taught a set of skills and knowledge across a two day workshop, delivered by a quality assured instructor delivering a training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
- Receive a copy of the MHFA manual and workbook.
- Acquire a certificate to confirm that you are a trained Mental Health First Aider (only if you attend both days and are present for the entirety of each day).
Comfort breaks and a lunch break will be factored in to the programme for each day.
This course has been developed by MHFA England and will be delivered by the University's Student Services Team.