My name is Sandra Chiamaka Ikeh, I am doing my MSc data science and business analytics, BSc(Hons) computer science at Plymouth university and foundation at University of Plymouth International College.
What makes me a good candidate?
- The current part-time academic officer: I have done a survey across the university to get student’s feedback on how they feel about lecture capturing. I have been working with university to ensure that lecturers use Panopto to record their lectures. This means that I am part of a lecture capturing group drafting a policy. I am also a committee member at the University Teaching, Learning and Quality.
- IT support analyst (Residential Assistant Support Analyst): As a RASA, I am part of the Technology and Information (TIS) Services and my role is mainly to provide first and second line support on the staff fleet, student fleet and the Halls of Residence (HoR).
- Language assistant for English language centre: Working with international students in the summer.
- Student ambassador for the school of computing:
If elected as vp education, these are the thing I want to achieve:
- Improve DLE: DLE is designed to facilitate a shared experience of teaching and learning for students and staff using variety of resources. I will lobby with the university to make the dle user-friendly and all the appropriate resource are included.
- Lecture capturing: As the part-time academic officer, I have already started working with the university drafting out a policy to ensure that lecturers are using panopto to capture their lecture and I will continue to ensure that it is successful.
- Student education wellbeing: Most students don’t know about the wellbeing center especially and some don’t know where to go. I will improve this by lobbying with the university to ensure that staff’s email footer include all the wellbeing information needed.