What are School Representatives
School Reps oversee the work of the course reps and support them in their role. They are at the centre of the academic representation system within their respective school and will attend various committees and meetings while encouraging their course reps to attend the necessary events too.
School Reps also focus on encouraging their peers to complete various surveys and promoting elections and award nomination periods. For example, NSS, SSTAR Awards, UPSU Elections so that feedback within their school is as comprehensive as possible.
UPSU support these academic reps through training and guidance to make the changes you want to see.
How to become a School Rep.
School reps are elected via an online election run by the UPSU Student Voice Team.
The main elections for 17/18 School Reps will be held in March 2017. During these elections there will be a nomination period, this is where anyone interested in becoming a School Rep will nominate themselves for a position and submit a manifesto. After the nominations period there is a voting period. Voting is open to all students.
- Nominations open on Monday March 13th at midday and closes Friday 24th at midday.
- Voting opens Monday 27th March at midday and closes Friday 31st at midday
Why become a School rep?
- Free training for your role
- Free hoody to make sure everyone knows who you are
- Gain skills that look great on your CV
- Earn Student Voice Recognition Awards with the hours you record for your work
- Can be added to your HEAR record once you gain a Bronze Award
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Become the voice that really makes academic changes for a better student experience
Being a School Representative and your HEAR Record
In order for you work as a School rep to be recognised on your HEAR record you must record 20+ hours through the hours logging system.
How to Log Your Hours
Current School Reps
Faculty of Arts & Humanities
Plymouth institute of Education
School of Art, Design & Architecture
School of Humanities & Performing Arts
Faculty of Business
School of Tourism & Hospitality
School of Law, Criminology & Government
Plymouth Business School
Daniel van Cleak
Graduate School of Management
Faculty of Health & Human Science
School of Health Professions
School of Nursing & Midwifery
Faculty of Science & Engineering
School of Marine Science & Engineering
Bidhan Tamang Bamjan
School of Biological Sciences
School of Computing, Electronics& Mathematics
School of Geography, Earth & Environmental Sciences
Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine & Dentistry
School of Medicine
School of Dentistry
School of Biomedical & Healthcare Sciences