What is it?
Student Voice Recognition Scheme aims to;
- Reward representatives who put in the time and effort to improve the student experience within The University of Plymouth
- Celebrate the successes that reps have achieved throughout the year in various ways (Awards ceremonies & recognition on social media & the UPSU website)
- Allow students to reflect on what they have achieved and how their role has helped them grow as an individual.
How do you achieve it?
There are 3 levels of reward as part of the recognition scheme
The Bronze Award rewards reps who have achieved 20 hours within their role as a representative. When reaching this milestone not only do you achieve your Bronze Award but you role will then be recognised for your HEAR Record. You must achieve this as a minimum for your role to be verified for HEAR.
The Silver Award is rewarded to those who reach the 40 hours milestone within their representative role
This award will be awarded to representatives who reach a whopping 60 hours with their role.
Who can log hours?
- Course Reps (On campus and at Partner Colleges)
- Lead Reps (Partner Colleges)
- School Reps
- Deputy School Reps
- Part time officers
- Accountability Board Chair
- Accountability Board member
- Union Council Chair
How do I log hours?
You can log your hours via the button on the Student Voice homepage which will take you to where you need to log your hours https://www.upsu.com/studentvoice/log . You will need to make sure that you are logged in.
Each year your hours will be reset and you will have a chance to achieve these awards all over again.
What can I log hours for?
- Training including but not limited to;
- Course Rep Conference
- UPSU run training events
- other conferences you are sent on through UPSU
- Meetings including but not limited to;
- University/ College meetings (Programme Committee Meeting, SSLC, etc.),
- UPSU meetings (Forum meetings, Union Executive Committee/ Council, Course Rep Meetings etc.)
- Focus Groups
- Collecting feedback
- Answering, reading and writing emails
- Carrying out actions from meetings
- Researching (for example, for meeting agendas or ideas from feedback)
- Taking part in UPSU campaigns
ANYTHING you do as part of your role as a representative can be recorded in your hours. If you are unsure of anything you are recording email the Student Voice Team and they will be able to answer your questions.