Awarded to students for their continual dedication and involvement through sport at university whether it be as team captain, committee position held, coaching, umpiring, driving or as a volunteer.
- Awarded to students for their continual dedication and involvement through sport at university whether it be as team captain, committee position held, coaching, umpiring, driving or as a volunteer etc. OR
- Having been an outstanding team captain/coach leading team to promotion/cup final etc. OR
- Having held a committee position or volunteer role but done over and above what was required of the post. OR
- An individual who has made huge contribution to sport through driving, umpiring, instructing, fundraising etc.
- Each SU Sports Club is limited to nominate 6 individuals for half colours.
Only awarded to students who already hold Half Colours except in exceptional circumstances .
- Exceptional circumstances: Winning an International/National Competition; winning a BUCS competition/representing their sport at a national/international level
- Can be awarded to students, who already hold Half Colours, if they have shown continued outstanding dedication and have made an exceptional contribution to sport during their years at university whilst also demonstrating commitment to the students’ union and/or student sport.
- Each SU Sports Club is limited to nominate 6 individuals for full colours.
Winning as either a team or individually - awarded purely on outstanding performance in sport.
- Winning Medals
- League Position
- BUCS Points
- Representing sport on a National Level
- Sporting Moment
Being involved and having an impact within the community.
- Positivity within community
- Charity fundraising
- Engaging in the community
- Coaching in the community
Professionally run club demonstrating effective team work resulting in improved performance either through promotion in local league/BUCS or increased engagement with UPSU.
- Team work/Hard work
- Promotion in local league/Bucs
- Performance improvement
- Professionally ran/attitude during the year
For an individual demonstrating a positive attitude and leadership skills who could also be competing or representing at a national/international level.
- Individual with good attitude
- Leadership – managing to push a team to a major event or putting extensive time and commitment to a sports club and/or UPSU sport
- Competing or representing at National/international level
- Motivated, committed, positive attitude, team player, commitment to their sport
An outstanding performance, being involved in Volunteering and the community, raising money and having an overall positive impact on student experience.
- Outstanding performance
- Volunteering and community involvement
- Positive publicity/raising awareness
For an individual who stands out from others who has a good spirit and a really positive attitude towards sport and UPSU.
- Good Spirit
- Positive attitude towards sport and UPSU
- Stands out from other individuals (could be non-competitive)
- Unique sports person
- Always thinking of others
Focused around team performance and/or winning an event can include BUCS points, medals, promotion in a league or raising the profile of a club or sport
- Is focussed around team performance, winning an event,
- BUCS points, medals, Promotion in a league, raising the profile of a club or team,
- Positive values, outstanding contribution to UPSU
For a team or individual demonstrating achievement in Intramural leagues/tournament, volunteering to support social sport activity, increasing/sustaining participation.
- Awarded to a team or individual for:
- Achievement in Intramural leagues/tournament
- Volunteering to support activity
- Increasing/sustaining participation