Student Voice Engagement Assistant x 5 (1 per faculty)
Read about UPSU's IIP Gold status here.
About this vacancy
The Student Voice team are looking for enthusiastic, outgoing students to support their work to further student participation in democratic and representative systems within faculties. This role is faculty specific.
- Student Jobs at UPSU are a priceless opportunity to be welcomed into a friendly student environment – UPSU promotes a strong teamwork ethic, built on friendship, hard work and communication
- Successful applicants will have the opportunity to develop their interpersonal skills by engaging students in key students’ union events and faculty based activities.
- As a UPSU Student Staff member you will learn some adaptable and valuable skills and knowledge to add to your CV
- UPSU Student Staff often obtain salaried employment at UPSU once the finish their studies because of the skills and knowledge they have learnt in their student roles
- Plymouth University students only
- As this is faculty specific, please specify which faculty you sit within when applying
- £7.70 + holiday pay = £8.63
- Or £8.21 + holiday pay (if over 25) = £9.20
- Able to commit to a minimum of 2 hours per week – flexible timings
- Work closely with other students, building close friendships
Full requirements are in the Job Description. We are seeking applications from candidates who:
- Are currently studying at Plymouth University
- Must have an understanding of the needs of students
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills with friendly customer service skills
- Ability to adopt a creative and innovative approach
- Able to communicate effectively, use social media and have good IT skills
- Must be able to organise tasks and meet deadlines with excellent attention to detail
To apply, complete the Application form and email to email@example.com
- Job live: Monday 11 February 2019
- Closing date: 8 March 2019 9am
- Interviews: 21 March 2019
- Start date: Mid-September 2019
Equality of Opportunity
UPSU is proudly an accredited Investor in People and is committed to Equality and Diversity. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.