About the role
This is a unique opportunity for a student to contribute to UPSU and get some amazing experience for their CV. You will work alongside the Sabbatical Officers, Trustees and our Senior Management Team, giving your views on how UPSU can enhance the student experience. You will learn about business, HR, finance and charity law and make a valuable contribution to the lives of your fellow students.
We are looking to recruit a resourceful, determined and committed student to join our Board of Trustees, who will help to drive the Students Union to better meet the needs of its members. Applications are welcomed from any student, especially if you have more than one year of study left.
View the recruitment pack here
- Voluntary position (unpaid)
- In practical terms, Trustees are expected to attend meetings of the Board of Trustees (normally 5 per year, one of which is a 2-day ‘away day’ event) and to attend one of our subcommittees three times per year
- You will need to ensure you are adequately prepared for such meetings
We are seeking applications from candidates who:
- Are a fully registered University of Plymouth student
- Have a good understanding of issues affecting postgraduate, international, mature or part-time students in the UK and studying at the University of Plymouth
- Have a passion for the Students’ Union and for supporting our vision to transform lives through experience
To apply, complete the Application forms and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advert live: Friday 31 May 2019
- Closing date: Wednesday 12 June 2019 (5pm)
- Interview date: Monday 17 June 2019 (afternoon)
- Start date: Friday 21 June 2019 (attend Trustee Board 1pm – 5pm)
Equality of Opportunity
UPSU is proudly an accredited Investor in People and is committed to Equality and Diversity. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.